Upcoming issues before the various City of Charleston land use and zoning boards/committees that are specific to Daniel Island. For more information on any of these proposed actions, click on the Land Use and Zoning Activity page. All of the meetings are open for public comment except the TRC meetings.
City of Charleston Technical Review Committee
- February 23 – No issues of impact to Daniel Island
City of Charleston Board of Zoning Appeals – Site Design
- March 1 – No issues of impact to Daniel Island
City of Charleston Board of Zoning Appeals – Zoning
- February 21 – No issues of impact to Daniel Island.
City of Charleston Design Review Board
- February 21 – 20 Fairchild Street – request preliminary approval for new construction of a retail building.
City of Charleston Planning Commission
- February 15 – No issues of impact to Daniel Island.
At the request of the DI Property Owner’s Association, the City of Charleston Traffic and Transportation Department visited Daniel Island the week of February 13 to review several intersections of concern. The following is a summary of their visit:
- Intersection of Fairchild and Island Park Drive (at the new Refuel). This area will be studied for potential improvements for pedestrian and vehicular safety. Site lines, lack of crosswalks and the speed of traffic on Island Park Drive make this a difficult intersection for both cars and people to navigate. There are also some infrastructure challenges for ADA compliance that need to be studied as part of the solutions.
- Intersection of Fairchild and River Landing. While the new stop light seems to be working well, the site lines are poor due to the grade change on Fairchild Street. The City is studying adding a turn signal for each approach to the intersection.
- Pier View at Seven Farms. The City was asked to again study this intersection for pedestrian crossing improvements including but not limited to changes in the pavement material and/or lighting.
Where: Grand Lawn of Volvo Car Stadium
When: Saturday February 25th from 3 PM to 7 PM
Daniel Island’s premiere oyster roast is back! Presented by the Daniel Island Property Owners Association Pork & Pearls oyster and pig roast benefiting Windwood Family Services is set for Saturday February 25th, 2017 from 3-7 pm. Join us on the Grand Lawn of the Volvo Car Stadium (formerly Family Circle Cup) for live music, adult libations and all you can eat oysters & BBQ. Your kids will be constantly entertained by our wide array of activities in our kids zone. From gaming truck to jump castle to petting zoo we have all ages geared up for an afternoon of fun.
In its 8th year, Pork & Pearls, is one of the largest ‘fun’draisers benefiting Windwood Family Services. Windwood wants you to help us celebrate our more than thirty years of providing Help, Hope an Healing to abused and neglected children in South Carolina. Join us for a good cause and good time at this year’s Pork & Pearls!